What is an IPN?
Instant Payment Notification (IPN) is a message service that automatically notifies merchants of events related to PayPal transactions. Merchants can use it to automate back-office and administrative functions, including automatically fulfilling orders and providing customers with order status.
PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification) allows you to integrate your PayPal payments with your website’s back-end operations, so you get immediate notification and authentication of the PayPal payments you receive.
To enable PayPal IPN please follow the following steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Navigate to your Account’s summary page. Scroll down and you should be able to see the “Seller Preferences”.
- On this page, find the “Instant Payment Notifications” option and click the “Update” button/link.
- Click “Choose IPN Settings” to specify your listener’s URL and activate the listener.
- The following screen appears. Specify the Default URL for your listener in the Notification URL field. Enter
http://your-doamin.com/?action=wpdmpp-payment-notification&class=Paypalfor that field.
Note: The default notification URL does not matter. Just need IPN to be enabled, as notification URL will be passed as a parameter with the payment form.
- Choose Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
- Click Save.The following screen appears as a confirmation that your IPN has now been enabled.
- Click Back to Profile Summary to return to the Profile after activating your listener.You also can click Edit settings to modify your notification URL or disable your listener. You can click Turn Off IPN to reset your IPN preferences.