File Manager Ad-on for WordPress Download Manager Pro will give you an easy ui for manage server files like your pc’s file explorer, you can edit files, copy, more or delete files and dirs easily.
Can I upload files with this plugin?
Yes, you can.
Can I use this in front-end?
Sorry, not yet.
There got file extension limitation? For example: .pptx, .xlsx,. docx
1. Can you set permissions on certain folders?
2. Can you share one folder so the user doesn’t have access to all folders, just one?
3. Can you upload AND download through the file manager?
4. Can you disable the delete/edit button on files?
Hello, what i need
i have many files uploaded to my word press, i want when Guest ask to download , sending to page with time delay before download starts , allow me to add adsense in this page the after 10 second … start download
You will need this add-on http://www.wpdownloadmanager.com/download/lazy-download-add-on/
is this Lazy download , working with old 2000 file uploading before lazy download ?
can this add-on control old attachment ?
I know there is no answer !!!!!
No, you have to activate separately for now, but we are adding new option in next update to activate lazy download globally.
contact me when you finish activate lazy download globally ( working withe old file upload )
i want to buy this add on
Option is available now https://www.wpdownloadmanager.com/download/lazy-download-add-on/
did you mean , Lazy download , working with old 2000 file uploading before lazy download ?
can this add-on control old attachment ? in my site here and sending who ask to download attahed file to waiting page with countdown ?
I already bought WPDM pro, but I think my project need File manager.
2 questions :
– Is it possible to use several File managers, one in each page, only showing files of the page ?
– Is it possible to show uploader name ?
File Manager is for the file uploaded to manage their uploaded files, so you will not need several file manager there. But please create a post in forum https://www.wpdownloadmanager.com/support/forum/download-manager-pro/ with little more details on what you are trying to do there, so that I can explain it to you better.
Hello, thank you
I need help I’m grateful to work with this plugin work with this plugin send the link guide
It is just plug-n-play, no extra setup required.
is it possible to copy/paste folders with multiple subfolders and files?
(I have a sample folder-structure for products – I wish to improve the process of creating it for every single product.)
Will this addon help or is there another way? (ftp?)
You can’t copy/paste folders with multiple subfolders and files, but we have noted it for the next update. However, you still can do that using FTP.
Right now all files are located in …/content/uploads/download-manager-files/…
There is no folder structure (categories) – they are all in one place.
Will the File Manager addon change this?
The file manager will not interfere there. But, you can manually rearrange files and folders using the file manager.
Thanks for the information.
I really need to know how exactly this would work.
If I can arange the files in subfolders via FTP why would I need the addon then?
I really need more details on how to manage hundreds of files – Is there a demo?
On the product page screenshot there is an icon, that looks like “DUPLICATE”. Can I duplicate entire folders with all the containing files?
Is there a demo?
I need replace filebase, but i need the tree navigation with my files. What i do need? on my server there are many folders with sub folders
Is there a Frontend list view?
How do I upload a php file using this software?
Il pacchetto non può essere installato. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
You won’t need to install it separately anymore, wpdm has it integrated as “Asset Manager”.
I would like to ask you some questions:
1. Is it possible to update a file with automatic overwriting of its old version ?
2. Is it possible the direct assignment of files to groups or categories of clients but also the possibility of targeting 1 single client (ideally having a drop-down list or checkboxes to easily find a group / category eligible to receive a file)?
3. Can I create of a single dynamic page upstream which will respond to the operations made on the files (once the page is done I no longer need, or very rarely, to modify it -> I manage the files in my management space files ?
4. Frontside, can my clients have a list of files to download and sortable by date, name…and a search file ?
5. Frontside, I would like the list of files to have checkboxes allowing to download several at the same time but also separate download buttons, is it possible ?
Here are the answers to your questions:
#1. Yes, there is an admin option with wpdm pro for that.
#2. Group ( role ) access control is available with wpdm pro, for user specific access control, you will need https://www.wpdownloadmanager.com/download/advanced-access-control/
#3. Not clear, please explain little more.
#5. Yes, but the process is a little bit different. Using file cart addon https://www.wpdownloadmanager.com/download/wpdm-file-cart/
thank you for your answer.
#3. For example, I prepare a page “Commercial files” where I will put a shortcode corresponding to the folder of files uploaded in File Manager or Google Drive. I would like this shortcode to be dynamic, i.e. if I add/remove files in File Manager, it will react dynamically on the front-side (so I don’t need to modify the shortcode or put a new one on the html side).
Is it clear to you ? Could you answer please ?
Sorry, I missed it. Yes, you can do that if you upload files using file manager or FTP to a server dir. As you can attach a folder with a package and files will be auto-synced with the package as soon as any change in the folder.
It looks great ! Thank you Shahjada for your answer, have a nice day !
You must be logged in to post a comment.