Advanced Access Control add-on will help you to control user specific access to your files and document downloads. When you want only selected users to allow access to a download, this add-on will give you the option to select those specific users easily and block all other users from a download.
How to use Advanced Access Control:
- Download and install the add-on
- Activate it from WordPress plugin manager
- Now go to Dashboard >> Downloads >> Add New
- Now there you will see a new option to select username under Package Settings ( This field is labeled as Select Members )
- All downloads/packages assigned to a user is listed in User Dashboard >> My Downloads Tab
- If you want, you can create a special page using shortcode
[wpdm_my_downloads login=1 template="template-id" cols="1 or 2 or 3 or 4"]or
[wpdm_my_downloads login=1]to list all packages assigned to a specific user - this shortcode is useful when you want to create user specific download area or members area.
User dashboard page:
- Fix! Fixed a conflict with Premium Packages
- Fix! Warning in My Downloads page
- Fix! Fixed the package details page link in My Downloads page
- New! Compatibility update for the latest version of WordPress Download Manager
- New! Compatibility update for the membership plugin
- New! Added new option to control category access
- Fix! Fixed dashboard tab URL issue which is originated from My Downloads Tab.
- New! Now Advanced Access Control works on Frontend Author Dashboard.