Advanced Access Control add-on will help you to control user specific access to your files and document downloads. When you want only selected users to allow access to a download, this add-on will give you the option to select those specific users easily and block all other users from download.
How to use Advanced Access Control:
- Download and install the add-on
- Activate it from WordPress plugin manager
- Now go to Dashboard >> Downloads >> Add New
- Now there you will see a new option to select username under Package Settings ( This field is labeled as Select Members )
- Use short-code [wpdm_my_downloads login=1] or [wpdm_my_downloads login=1 template="template-id" cols="1 or 2 or 3 or 4"] to list all packages assigned to specific user - this short-code is useful when you want to create user specific download area or members area.