Google Drive Explorer Add-on helps you to connect with Google Drive, you can explore your Google drive files, upload files to Google Drive and attach them with your package. You can control your Google drive directly from your site admin panel, use free 15 GB space and save your bandwidth.
Setting Up Google Drive Explorer Add-on:
- Visit Google API Console, Create New Project:
- After hit create button, the next page you will see:
- From the window above, click on “Go to API overview”:
- At this step, you will see the following page, click on “ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES”:
- From the following page, search for Google Drive API and Google Picker API, enable both:
- Search “Google Drive API”
- Enable API:
- Select and enable “Google Picker API” in that same way.
- Now, it is time to create credentials:
- Setup consent screen:
While app is still in dev mode, you need to add your and other users gmail address to allow to use this app:
Save and continue. And it is done
- To setup API access credentials go to “Credentials” menu and click on create credentials button, select “OAuth client ID” ooption:
- Click on “OAuth client ID” button to create new client id:
- Create API access key from “CREATE CREDENTAILS” button and select “API Key” option
- Now get Client ID, Client Secret & API Key from credential menu:
- Use that info in Downloads Manager Settings Page >> Cloud Storage >> Google Drive API Credential Settings Panel:
- And Save Settings!
- Now to Admin Menu >> Downloads >> Add New Package window and there you will see a new button “Google Drive” with “Attach File” metabox:
- Click on the button, you will see the following popup and click on “Login to Google Drive”:
- After login and allow access, you will see the list of files from your Google drive.
- Finally attached files should be public to be downloadable: