Eduard

Eduard

@mb_marketing Participant Joined Apr 9, 2025
2 Topics started
7 Replies posted
0 Favorites
1 yr Member for

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Sep 25, 2026 at 7:25 am
#215829
Participant
Eduard
OP

Just want to give you an update. Activating the WordPress debug.log showed several error messages, one of which was timeout errors for scripts. I did not see anything related to WPDM Pro however.

We have now solved the script timeouts of our theme and as a result, WPDM Pro also does not seem to crash the site any more. I have reactivated the cronjobs.

I think, the other issue was blocking the site-functions. When this happened during a WPDM Pro cron job, it seemed to break everything.

So when the site is overloaded, something that WPDM Pro does breaks the site completely. So I always had to deactivate the plugin. But the underlying issue was something else.

So everything is fine now.

Sep 22, 2026 at 6:53 am
#215808
Participant
Eduard
OP

Hi Tahasin,

time for an update. I checked your recommended setting define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);
This setting is already activated on our site. So cronjobs should not be triggered on access.
The wp-cron.php gets triggered by an external mechanism every 5 minutes.

I also have disabled the _wpdm_cron job completely (scheduled every 6 hours) and did not have any outages since then.

Can you tell me what this job does and if it’s crucial to WPDM to work.

Greetings

Sep 16, 2026 at 4:08 pm
#215776
Participant
Eduard
OP

It seems to coincide with the _wpdm_cron Job.
It runs every six hours. Dont know why it didnt happen this morning,
but the error now seems about right that time.
What does it do?

### WordPress Environment ###
WordPress Version: 7.1
Site URL:
HTTPS: Yes
Multisite: No
WPDM Version: 7.5.6

### Server Environment ###
PHP Version: 8.3.33
MySQL Version: 10.11.18
Web Server: Apache

### PHP Configuration ###
Memory Limit: 256M
Max Execution Time: 180s (MAXIMUM I CAN SET)
Upload Max Filesize: 100M
Post Max Size: 100M
Max File Uploads: 20
Max Input Vars: 1000

### Required PHP Extensions ###
cURL: Installed
Zip: Installed
Mbstring: Installed
JSON: Installed

### Recommended PHP Extensions ###
GD Library: Installed
ImageMagick: Installed
OpenSSL: Installed
Fileinfo: Installed

### Directory Permissions ###
Uploads: Writable
WPDM Files: Writable
WPDM Cache: Writable

This is the debug.log after I re-enabled WPDM, so it worked, then I started the WPDM_CRON Job manually. Site didnt crash totally but became very very slow. Maybe at some job-runtimes, it crashes.

[16-Sep-2026 15:23:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “WPDM\__\__” not found in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/src/wpdm-functions.php:1176
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/src/AssetManager/AssetManager.php(136): wpdm_query_var()
#1 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(353): WPDM\AssetManager\AssetManager->assetPicker()
#2 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(377): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#3 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php(523): WP_Hook->do_action()
#4 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-settings.php(779): do_action()
#5 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-config.php(111): require_once(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#6 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#7 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#8 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/index.php(17): require(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#9 {main}
thrown in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/src/wpdm-functions.php on line 1176
[16-Sep-2026 15:23:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “WPDM\__\__” not found in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/src/wpdm-functions.php:1176
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/src/AssetManager/AssetManager.php(136): wpdm_query_var()
#1 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(353): WPDM\AssetManager\AssetManager->assetPicker()
#2 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(377): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#3 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php(523): WP_Hook->do_action()
#4 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-settings.php(779): do_action()
#5 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-config.php(111): require_once(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#6 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#7 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#8 /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/index.php(17): require(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#9 {main}
thrown in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/src/wpdm-functions.php on line 1176
[16-Sep-2026 15:24:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function mcrypt_get_iv_size() is deprecated in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/includes/simba-tfa/providers/totp/loader.php on line 938
[16-Sep-2026 15:24:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function mcrypt_decrypt() is deprecated in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/includes/simba-tfa/providers/totp/loader.php on line 958
[16-Sep-2026 15:24:51 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Automatic conversion of false to array is deprecated in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/divi-contact-form-helper/app/Controllers/PWH_DCFH_DB.php on line 460
[16-Sep-2026 15:25:02 UTC] Cron-Reschedule-Event-Fehler für Hook: __wpdm_process_jobs, Fehlercode: invalid_schedule, Fehlermeldung: Die Ereignisplanung existiert nicht., Daten: {“schedule”:”wpdm_every_5_minutes”,”args”:[],”interval”:300}
[16-Sep-2026 15:39:11 UTC] …/ImageHotspotChild/ImageHotspotChild.php:1160 DIPI_ImageHotspotChild::render():
You’re Doing It Wrong! DIPI_ImageHotspotChild::dipi_generate_ripple_effect_styles() doesn’t exist.

[16-Sep-2026 15:42:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 180 seconds exceeded in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Divi/core/components/data/Utils.php on line 977
[16-Sep-2026 15:50:31 UTC] PHP Deprecated: preg_match(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/divi-contact-form-helper/app/Frontend/Request/PWH_DCFH_Post_Request.php on line 276
[16-Sep-2026 15:53:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated: file_exists(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($filename) of type string is deprecated in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Divi/core/components/PageResource.php on line 571
[16-Sep-2026 15:53:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated: file_exists(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($filename) of type string is deprecated in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Divi/core/components/PageResource.php on line 571
[16-Sep-2026 15:53:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated: file_exists(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($filename) of type string is deprecated in /usr/www/users/mbconnt/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Divi/core/components/PageResource.php on line 571
Set author’s post as private.
Submit Reply
WordPress Download Manager
The complete WordPress file download management solution. Trusted by 200,000+ websites worldwide for secure file hosting, digital product sales, and download analytics.

Products
Download Manager Pro
Premium Packages
Add-ons
Themes
Pricing
Resources
Documentation
Blog
Support
Changelog
WordPress.org
Company
About Us
Contact
Affiliate Program
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
© 2026 W3 Eden, Inc. All rights reserved.

W3 Eden, Inc.
Outreach
CommFlow
Fintrail

I cant deactivate other Plugins as they are crucial to the website.
Can i deactivate the cronjob and run it manually once a day? Or maybe I move the scheduled time?

It always happend in the afternoon.

UPDATE: Broken again. About 10 minutes after the cron did run manually
No additional entries in debug.log

Sep 16, 2026 at 3:23 pm
#215773
Participant
Eduard
OP

It just happened again. About 24 hours after last time.
Site is not responding. After a long period I get 503.
I have a activated a logfile, but there is no entry about an error with WDPM Pro.

I renamed the folder “download-manager” in plugins. So that WPDM Pro gets deactivated.
Site is responding instantly after this

Sep 16, 2026 at 5:50 am
#215765
Participant
Eduard
OP

I will enable logging and wait for the error to reappear.
Currently I am using
Wordpress 7.1
PHP 8.4 (even tried rollback to 8.3), Hosted at Hetzner
WPDM Pro Version 7.5.6 (I think this one is brand new)

Dec 16, 2025 at 9:36 am
#210171
Participant
Eduard
OP
This reply has been marked as private.
Dec 5, 2025 at 1:45 pm
#209926
Participant
Eduard
OP
This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)