500 Internal Server Error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

NYMike722

All of a sudden my website has an error 500 whenever I activate Download Manager Free plugin and/or WPDM – TinyMce Button. I discovered this through trial and error of deactivating all the plugins and activating each one by one.

I contacted the webhost provider and they told me to contact the plugin developer. At first I saw one error and the host corrected. WordPress was showing the active PHP version as 5.2.17, when I had 5.6 set. Currently it is showing PHP Version 5.6.29 as the one running.

This error didn’t occur by updating or making any changes to the website (on my end). Can you point me in the right direction to diagnosis this issue?

I also attached a txt file with the debug info for the my website local3ibew.org

Shahjada
Keymaster

wpdm required PHP 5.4 or higher, so, with 5.6 it should work fine. But if you are facing any trouble, please give me wp-admin and FTP access in a private reply to check the issue.

NYMike722
This reply has been marked as private.

NYMike722

NYMike722

Hi Shaon,

It’s been about a week since I first reported the issues and all things I’ve tried to get Download Manager to work have been fruitless. Download Manager is still breaking the website.

Hoping for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you in advance,
Mike

NYMike722

Seems like this product is no longer supported. Thanks anyway.

NYMike722

Shahjada
Keymaster

Extremely sorry for delays, I’m checking your installation right now.

Shahjada
Keymaster

You server is showing following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home1/localth3/public_html/wplocal3/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/download-manager.php on line 14

Which happens when PHP version in your server is very very old, you will need at least php5.4 to run wpdm.

NYMike722

Wordpress is telling me it is using PHP Version: 5.6.29. I had my webhost check as well and they confirm the same.

I suspect it is on the web host’s end, because I have another plugin that does not work, but how do I get them to fix it? They keep telling me they don’t support plugins for WordPress and they are state that my website is running version 5.6.29.

Mark Optelian
Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.