MailChimp Subscription add-on for WordPress Download Manager Pro gives you an option to add Download Manager subscribers to your MailChimp list directly without any extra hassle. You simply need to enable email lock for a package. So when user will enter their email address to download the package the email automatically will be added to your selected MailChimp list.
Using this MailChimp add-on you can add your new signups to a MailChimp list. The users can be added to different lists based on their user role. It also has support for Premium Package and Pro Membership add-ons. You can add your customers and Membership plan subscribers to pre-defined lists which are very useful for an e-commerce/membership site.
Setting Up MailChimp Subscription Plugin:
- After Purchase, You Can download the Add-on from Premium Download Area
- Install and activate it like any other regular plugin
- Now go to Dashboard >> Downloads >> Settings >> MailChimp Tab and you will see the following options there:
- Copy the MailChimp API Key from Your MailChimp Account ( How To Create a MailChimp API Key )
- Paste it in MailChimp API Key input as shown in #3
- Check "Enable Double Opt-in" option if you want to Enable it
- Click "Save Settings" box.
- After you see "Settings Saved Successfully." message, Click on MailChimp Menu Button on the left to update the list in MailChimp List Dropdown ( as shown in #3 )
- Select your list from MailChimp List Dropdown and Again Save Settings.
- Now if you apply email lock in any package and from front-end when a user submits the form with email, it will also be added to your selected MailChimp list.
- However, if you want to select different list for different download, you can do that from here:
Optin Form Shortcode:
All of the above-stated subscriptions are automated based on user actions ( registration, purchase, download etc ). But if you want to add an optin form for manual subscription. Use this shortcode to place an optin form anywhere you want and select the list for this form in MailChimp settings.